Monday 2 April 2012

The Best Laid Plans.....

Well I got blind sided by work which has but the breaks on my fitness drive. A month without a proper day off has left me without much energy to run etc.

I have got in the sea a couple of times with mixed results. The good news is there are fish around and I got my first Mullet of the year, which went down a treat barbecued in foil with lemon, line, chilli and soy sauce. Sunshine and fresh fish!

On the down side, on the few shallow dives I tried I got terrible pain in my teeth, probably from sinus blockage or possibly tooth squeeze, a bit of googling informs me that sinus pain can often feel like tooth pain.. A trip to the dentist / doctors may be in order I will see how my next dive goes. I might try some decongestants and see if that makes any difference.

In the meantime I have put together a best of compilation of some of my spear fishing footage. I hope you enjoy it.



5 comments:

  1. Nice mate,just like swimming in the fish soup :)
    I just wonder, what fins are you using there?
    I am just considering Omer Stingray 3D Camu or Omer Stingray Carbon 25 camu. Looking for some input.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not actually sure, they are very long carbons i got second hand off a guy. Sorry!

      Delete
    2. Got to say those Omer Stingrays look really nice!

      Delete
  2. Another wicked vid Padaxes - I watched your amazing grey seal video again from the deeper blue post you put up regarding the little Dogcam I was reviewing. The seal was incredibly friendly but I also wondered about its behavior - it soon took off after having a little tester bite of your leg - do you think food may have been at the front of his mind???

    Great Blog - keep the vids coming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for the comment. The video is edited highlights, the seal hung around with me for over an hour. Actually in the end what happened was another seal showed up and they seemed to have a bit of a fight over me, at that point I decided discretion was the better part of valor and bowed out :)

      Delete