Thursday 12 August 2010

Mobile Home

After pouring over the map I decided to venture further afield, trying new dive sites is always exciting! So off I drive for an hour an a half until I find myself in a National Trust car park a short walk away from a secluded cove. It's a lovely stroll down a wooded valley, down carved steps and over wooden bridges across a small stream. The beach has no sand just lovely round pebbles, some old mine workings and a picturesque pond. The sea looks calm and inviting and the coastline interesting enough so I head back to the car to get changed.

Once I get into the water I realise that appearances can be deceiving , the visibility is not very good at all and try as I might I cannot find any clear patches, I fin up the coast for an hour with no success and find myself frustrated as I'm unable to explore what I cannot see!

Still one of the great things about diving is that you always see something interesting! Despite swimming through pea soup I still managed to find the best jelly fish of the season so far. A big beautifully patterned specimen pulsing serenely through the gloom complete with three passengers. I spent twenty minutes enjoying the spectacle and getting some footage. I am always fascinated by jellies, there is something hypnotic about their graceful motion and lovely patterns and colours. The small fish sheltering behind it's stinging tentacles regarded me nervously always trying to keep the jellyfish between us or tucking themselves far up into it's body if I got too close.


Here's a small clip, best watched in hidef / full-screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment